STEPS 2B SAVED

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

THE GREAT SHEPHERD



📖 Psalm 23:1-6 NLT

The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. 2. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. 3. He renews my strength. He guides me along the right paths, bringing honor to his name. 4. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 5. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. 6. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.


🔷️ LORD IS MY SHEPHERD = Sheep need a Shepherd.  To care for them, to guide them, to protect them, to restore them, to redeem them.  Why, because Sheep are not very wise on their own.  I hate to say it, as I am one also, but Sheep are dumb.  Here are some interesting facts about sheep and how we compare to them.

 

  • Sheep are incredibly caring mothers who form deep bonds with their babies.

  • They have long-term memories, just like humans can remember individuals for many years at a time. 

  • The self-medicate.  When not feeling well they will seek out plants and substances that make them feel better. Just like humans do.

Why was the Lord chosen to shepherd the flock because He loves them John 10:11 tells us the Great Shepherd sacrifices his life for sheep. When the wolves come for the sheep Jesus stands in the way of them. He does not run from them, he does not hide from them.  The wolves do not come into the pasture and destroy.  This only happens when the sheep wander out. (Isaiah 53:6) [ He cared for them. He fed them, he led them, and he protected them ]


  • He shepherds us when we are young and when we are old. 

  • Sheep that go astray and turned from Christ   📖 Isaiah 53:6 || Return to Jesus  📖 1 Peter 2:25   📖 Psalms 119:176


🖲 I SHALL NOT WANT … =  God Provides as we reside in him. * CONTENTMENT *

  • 📖 Proverbs 3:25-26 tells us we need not be afraid of what is in the world as Jesus keeps us safe from evil schemes IF we live in God’s wisdom we will have peace of mind.  


 ðŸ”·️ WHAT DOES JESUS PROVIDE US?  📖 Isaiah 12:2 

  • Salvation = found only in Jesus 📖 Acts 4:12 | who is the only way 📖 John 14:6

  • Love = only Jesus could give when he exchanged his life for yours.  📖 John 15:13

  • Mercy =  Jesus had compassion on us 📖 Luke 6:36 and ask us to do the same 📖 Luke 10:37

  • Courage = Jesus set the example of Courage when he accepted his fate in the Garden of Gethsemane 📖 Matt. 26:35-56, Mark 14:32-52, Luke 22:39-53, John 18:1-12. | Jesus provides the calmness in the middle of life storm.  📖 Matthew 14:27-28

  • Strength = In a time of weakness, Jesus is our strength 📖 2 Corinthians 12:9 


B.A.T.T.L.E. O.F. S.O.U.L.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger